Advanced illumination (Ai) is a lighting solutions company, primarily serving the Machine Vision Industry. Ai was the world’s first LED lighting company, shipping its first solid-state illumination systems in 1993.
Since its inception, Ai has been a leading innovator of lighting solutions. Industry firsts include:
- Developed Evenlite™ Technology, a proprietary structured lighting system; powered LEDs are aimed at a targeting fixture and then affixed into position.
- Developed multi-channel, white light sources utilizing red, green and blue LEDs before the advent of white light LEDs.
- First company to “Overdrive” LEDs in strobed mode; with active duty cycle control, very short, high current pulses are utilized to drive an LED with up to 50X the nominal steady-state current.
- First to develop independently controllable, multi-channel drive electronics.
- Developed SignaTech® (Signature Technology); a microprocessor-based controller reads a SignaTech® memory chip, specifically programmed for each illuminator, in order to establish maximum operating parameters. The memory chip, located in the light-head cable, is preprogrammed with details about the illuminator’s circuit design as well as specific LED characteristics.